1. Pre-Lighten Your Client’s Locks
Unless your client already has light blonde hair, you may need to pre-lighten their existing base color so those blorange tones can truly pop. For this, Blondor has you covered. Use Freelights if you’re sweeping on freehand strokes for a balayage effect, or try BlondorPlex for highlights, all-over lightening or any techniques that require foils. Freelights has an adhesive mass that helps it stay exactly where you place it, while BlondorPlex is infused with our strengthening PLEX ingredient from WellaPlex.
2. Choose a Blorange Color
Once your client’s hair has been lifted to the correct underlying tone, it’s time to choose a blorange color to apply over the top. Typically, a mix of blonde and orange colors is needed to create the perfect formula, but you might not be all that familiar with the orange shades available. (After all, they’re not used as often as blondes.) To help you locate them, here are just some of our favorite orange tones…
- Color Fresh CREATE in Infinite Orange is the truest sunny hue, while Hyper Coral is a pinky orange shade that feels fun and fresh for summer. Because all CFC colors are intermixable, you can actually mix the two together, or combine them with the Tomorrow Clear additive to create a custom pastel.
- Koleston Perfect has a range of reds, oranges and blondes available, but our go-tos for mixing up a blorange color include 99/44, 0/33 and 0/43. On their own they offer a coppery orange, but blending with blonde shades results in a softer tone.
- Color Touch Relights in /03 or /74 are the definition of blorange shades. Mixed with Color Touch Emulsion 1.9%, you could apply it over pre-lightened, level 8 or 9 hair, and you'd have the trend in one. Choose it for it's ability to repost tone on pre-lightened hair without altering the surrounding hair, all while imparting a luminous shine.
3. Apply, Develop and Remove
After mixing your client’s chosen shade of orange with their perfect blonde, apply their blorange formula root to tip, or through mid-lengths and ends for a balayage effect. Allow the color to develop, then wash out with a color-kind formula. We love INVIGO Color Brilliance Color Protection Shampoo for a boost of radiance. Apply conditioner if the hair needs it, neutralize with the Post Color Treatment, then dry and style that blorange mane as desired.