1. Pre-Lighten Your Client’s Locks
Unless your client already has light blonde hair, you may need to pre-lighten their existing base colour so those blorange tones can truly pop. For this, Blondor has you covered. Use Freelights if you’re sweeping on freehand strokes for a balayage effect, or try BlondorPlex for highlights, all-over lightening or any techniques that require foils. Freelights has an adhesive mass that helps it stay exactly where you place it, while BlondorPlex is infused with our strengthening PLEX ingredient from WellaPlex.
2. Choose a Blorange Colour
Once your client’s hair has been lifted to the correct underlying tone, it’s time to choose a blorange colour to apply over the top. Typically, a mix of blonde and orange colours is needed to create the perfect formula, but you might not be all that familiar with the orange shades available. (After all, they’re not used as often as blondes.) To help you locate them, here are just some of our favorite orange tones…
- Color Fresh CREATE in Infinite Orange is the truest sunny hue, while Hyper Coral is a pinky orange shade that feels fun and fresh for summer. Because all CFC colours are intermixable, you can actually mix the two together, or combine them with the Tomorrow Clear additive to create a custom pastel.
- Koleston Perfect has a range of reds, oranges and blondes available, but our go-tos for mixing up a blorange colour include 99/44, 0/33 and 0/43. On their own they offer a coppery orange, but blending with blonde shades results in a softer tone.
- Opal Essence by Illumina Color in Copper Peach is the definition of a blorange shade. You could apply it alone over pre-lightened, level 8 or 9 hair, and you’d have the trend in one. Choose it if light-reflective shine is high on the agenda, as the finish is truly luminous.
3. Apply, Develop and Remove
After mixing your client’s chosen shade of orange with their perfect blonde, apply their blorange formula root to tip, or through mid-lengths and ends for a balayage effect. Allow the colour to develop, then wash out with a colour-kind formula. We love INVIGO Color Brilliance Color Protection Shampoo for a boost of radiance. Apply conditioner if the hair needs it, neutralize with the Post Color Treatment, then dry and style that blorange mane as desired.