How to Create Auburn Hair
1. Start by sectioning off the hair so you can reach each and every layer, ensuring an ultra-even auburn finish.
2. Next, choose which type of colour you’ll be working with. Depending on the effect your client wants, you have the choice between a demi-permanent colour , like Color Touch, or a permanent, longer-lasting formula, like Koleston Perfect.
3. Once you’ve selected your colour product, mix up your formula. Both Color Touch and Koleston Perfect have a collection of Vibrant Reds, making it easy to blend an auburn hue that suits every season. With KP, try 8/43 + 9% and 5/43 + 6% in alternating bands, and look to warm shades like 6/47 if you’re using CT. You might also want to mix a little Blondor Multi Blonde Powder + 6% on the side, which will add depth-boosting brightness to your auburn hair creation. If you’re using Blondor, apply it first in a few face-framing ribbons, lending an instant, flattering lift to your client’s com-plexion. Allow to develop, then rinse and rough dry hair so it’s ready for auburn colour.
4. Follow with your auburn colour blend, applying it from root to tip with a tint brush. Try working in a herringbone pattern with two shades for a multi-dimensional effect.
5. After leaving auburn shades to develop, rinse hair, wash with ColorMotion+ Shampoo and neutralize the colour using Seal & Care Conditioner.
6. From here, you can style to perfection or follow with a Pure Glossing Service, which will take the shimmer and shine of your client’s auburn hair to the next level. You decide.